INTERIOR DESIGNER 8+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE
We serve diverse communities and strive for equity, diversity, and inclusivity in all aspects of our business and work – from hiring to project outcomes. As such, we are seeking highly creative, passionate, and dedicated individuals who are interested in creating meaningful work, contributing to sustainable profits, and actively participating in a thriving culture.
You might be a Troper if you:
- Look at projects as an opportunity to connect people and communities to each other and the built environment.
- See profit as a means to an end where everyone is compensated well and has a sense of safety and security.
- Are willing to invest in your work culture because you value your colleagues and understand that we are not tools unto ourselves, but part of an ecosystem which relies on the health and wellbeing of all its members to thrive.
If this resonates with you, please apply! Even if the current opening doesn’t match your credentials, don’t hesitate to reach out. We are always looking to connect with people who share our vision.
- Inspire your team and client to envision what is possible for their project.
- Lead the interior design solutions from concept through construction administration with some supervision.
- Have a passion for design and strong space planning skills.
- Bring your own point-of-view and initiate healthy dialogue with others so we all learn from each other.
- Understand material and construction budgets to make informed decisions for our clients.
- Communicate well to establish trust and respect within our studio and with our clients, consultants and general contractors.
- Professionally – and authentically – represent our firm when attending internal meetings, client meetings or industry events.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastically collaborate with the Architecture and Graphic Design Studios at sDC to determine optimal solutions.
- Write and edit architectural specifications.
- Coordinate and assist with addenda, RFIs, CPRs and change orders.
- Estimate your workload to complete deliverables on schedule.
- Track your time spent on projects and respect the allotted hours available to complete tasks.
- Assist with marketing efforts and project schedules.
- Manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Interior Design or closely related field.
- 5+ years’ commercial design experience, preferably in civic, office, and library spaces
- Strong design skills and the ability to translate your vision into construction drawings and specifications.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and process.
- Demonstrated graphic presentation skills.
- Knowledge of codes.
- Experience reviewing shop drawings, reviewing submittals, and working with contractors.
- Programming and project management experience.
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design / LEED.
- Knowledge of Bluebeam, Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and/or Lumion.
Please send samples of your work and resume to Sage Case at SaCa@studiotrope.com
Click here to learn more about our Interior Design studio.